Hello, World, from my little office in Houston, TX. I am like most of you, trying to navigate my way through the COVID19 pandemic and stay healthy and sane. I am fortunate that for now my husband is still working (from home) so we are doing okay and have been self isolating at home for over 4 weeks now.
During this time where photographers are unable to be there for our clients, I want to share some tips on how to capture pictures of your baby so that you can still have those irreplaceable moments to keep forever. Photographing those first days and very first experiences is important and I know you want to capture it. Use whatever camera you have available, DSLR, phone...whatever, it doesn't matter. With these tips, you can get some amazing photos!
Here are some tips to capture those incredible moments in your baby's first month...
1. Look for the light. Watch as it falls across your baby. Touch the screen on your phone to adjust your exposure.
2. Take photos in the morning. I find babies are usually happier at the beginning of the day.
3. Get down nice and low to view the world at their level.
4. Babies tend to sleep a lot in those first few weeks of life. To capture those sleepy peaceful moments, make sure your baby is warm, well fed and feels secure.
5. Come in nice and close to capture all those perfect baby features. Their hands, tiny feet and beautiful faces.
6. Be in photos with your baby. Take turns with your partner to photograph those special moments when you're interacting with your baby while they're awake or when you're rocking them off to sleep. When they are older, they are going to love looking back at those special memories.
7. Turn off your flash. It can be very unflattering to your baby.
8. Don't forget to look at what's going on in the background. Busy backgrounds can be distracting so keep it nice and simple.
9. Edit your photos using apps like Lightroom Mobile for a more polished look.
10. Then share your images. Upload them to social media and share with friends and family around the world.
11. Print your photos. You will want these photos forever, so this is an important step!
12. And lastly, don't forget to backup your photos for safe storage.
I hope these tips come in handy for all of the new parents out there. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Until we are able to meet again, please stay safe and healthy and I wish you the best with your new little one!